Prometheus is a national undergraduate philosophy journal published by students at Johns Hopkins University. The purpose of the journal is to promote the philosophical discourse of the highest standard by offering students an opportunity to engage in open discussion, to participate in an academic conference and in the production and publication of an academic journal, and to establish a community of aspiring philosophers.
This year, Prometheus will be accepting submissions for its online journal through January 29th, 2021 11:59 PM Eastern Time, with decisions to be expected by early March, and publication occurring the following fall. Individuals may submit multiple pieces to Prometheus.
Each spring, Prometheus also hosts a conference at Johns Hopkins University for undergraduates from around the world to share their research. This year’s conference will be held on Saturday, April 10th, 2021. We are currently monitoring the status of the pandemic and will decide whether to host the conference online or on-campus in Baltimore, MD by mid-to-late February.
All submissions will be automatically considered for acceptance to the conference as well as to the journal. We are looking for papers exhibiting clarity, accessibility, soundness, and novelty of argument, which may draw from any philosophical tradition or methodology. We strongly encourage submissions from women and the members of underrepresented groups.
Please make sure to follow all of the directions stated below if you are interested in submitting one of your philosophy papers to Prometheus.
Deadline: Friday, January 29th, 2021 11:59 PM Eastern Time
Prometheus accepts undergraduate papers on all philosophical topics. Essays written for classes, honors theses, and independent work are welcome. Multiple submissions are allowed. The submission should be authored by a single person and not by multiple people.
Please make sure to read and follow all the submission requirements. We cannot guarantee your paper will be read if you fail to follow all the requirements:
1. You must be an undergraduate or a graduating senior.
2. Submissions should be written in English, 12-point font, should be double-spaced, and should not exceed 6,000 words. The word limit does not include the footnote or the reference. Submissions must have proper citations in MLA format. Essays must be the original work of the author.
3. Submit an electronic copy of your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org in either .doc or .docx format. If your paper relies on figures, images, or any similar media, please send all such files as their own attachments, not simply embedded in the document.
4. Please include a short (100-200 words) abstract at the beginning of your paper.
5. To enable blind review, the author’s name and other identifying information should not be included in the paper.
6. In a separate document, please include a cover page with the following information:
b. Name of the institution you are attending
c. Major or degree
d. Year of expected graduation
e. Email address
f. Phone number
For any other inquiries about submission or the publication status of your essay, please email us at email@example.com. Thank you and we look forward to reading your papers.https://prometheus.students.jh.edu